Wednesday 4 September 2013

Just Grow





So I'm not a scrapbooker, seriously this is only the third page I've ever done. I did a couple after Layla was born and then got lost in being a new mumma. I think this sudden scrapbooking may be part of a creative craze caused by a creative drought - the el nino effect if you will.

I also blame my friend Anna, she blogs over at One Big Sunshine Spritzer and was recently selected to be a part of the Jot Creative Team. So she keeps posting all these pages she's created and sharing links to other amazing pages and suddenly I'm buying project life and then I'm scrapping. It's like some delusional mania!

I really enjoyed it though. Although that layout took me the better part of a day to finish - no trust. I didn't want to stick anything down in case it looked like crap. I also thought of adding details to the triangles, but didn't want to ruin it all. Just call me chicken.

Anyways I thought I might post it to the Jot mood board challenge. I have all of this stuff from when Layla was born that there just isn't a place for in traditional baby albums. Like every other day weigh ins, getting off CPAP, or the first day your baby wears clothes. I might, maybe, possibly, we'll see participate in the mood board challenge regularly. That should get everything recorded quick smart!

Are you a record keeper? Or do you just leave it to instagram?

5 comments:

  1. Hahahaha! And I am not repentant at all about this! And rightfully so looking at this layout - it's gorgeous!! Go the stitching - and sequins! I still havent attempted sequins on a layout - haven't had the intricate space in my brain to contend with those tiny fiddly things but I do love the look!! It will happen though :-)
    Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I may be a permanent convert... but I'm also very fickle so you just never know!! One tip don't try to apply sequins with hot glue lol. Thanks for the lovely compliment x

      Delete
  2. simply exquisite!...thankyou for playing along with JOT!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Jade - seriously -- this is your THIRD page! You are a natural! It's gorgeous. Thanks for being part of the Mood Board challenge and I'm glad Anna has been able to persuade you into the scrapping arena -- because your work is lovely. KIM Archer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow for only your third page it's absolutely gorgeous! I love the design and the gorgeous little details you've added...and that photo is adorable! Thanks for playing along with Jot. I hope Anna can persuade you to join in more of our challenges soon! :)

    ReplyDelete