Tuesday 6 November 2012

An Amazing Day

Some days are just good days, and some days are amazing. I had an amazing day on Sunday. It was just one of those days that are full of joy, love, sunshine, giggles and awesome thrifted finds.

It started with a trip to the markets - where we picked up these for a buck each.


Don't you just love the scalloped metal band and Chinese (I'm assuming!) characters written on this one. Swoon.




My hubby even found his most awesome vintage find to date - an atari console with 3 games. He had it all set up that night. Its amazing how quickly memories come flooding back when triggered by a simple thing such as sound.

Next a mad dash to the tip shop before it closed. I did this trip alone. It's so rare that I'm in the car by myself... when I am I crank the music until the speakers distort, sing at the top of my lungs (it's all about the volume - not being in tune), complete with dramatic and emphatic dance moves, the kind you can only do in the car. You know the ones, drumming on the steering wheel, fist pumping, throwing the pointer finger around like I just don't care... It was incredible. And then I found this..


and this amazing drinks trolley. Such a nice addition to my creative space. 



I also picked up another, slightly less cute, drinks trolley, a vintage vanity case in almost new condition, and a keyboard for the hubby. All for the grand total of $20. I don't think I'm overstating things when I say I freaking. love. tip. shops.


My singing and dancing in the car was quite possibly even more joyful on the way home. I am not embarrassed to admit that I pulled the car over just before home so I could finish the song without fear of waking the baby. That's not weird... right?


We finished this amazing day off with a trip to the beach. Where my girl ran giggling and squealing into the water. 


over


and over


and over again. 


Did you have a great weekend? 
Score some amazing vintage items?
Or do you sing at the top of your lungs and dance while driving (please tell me I'm not the only one!)?

Don't forget to follow me on Instagram, especially if you like a sneak peek of vintage finds.

xx


1 comment: