Tuesday 24 September 2013

"Thrift" me up



So today I went on a little "thrift" me up. Its been a pretty average week around here. It started with vomit and went downhill from there. Suffice to say theres been a hell of a lot of ick and a very real lack of sleep. It's weeks like this that I feel just a bit sorry for myself and this 4 day a week single parenting gig while the hubby is at work. So today I forced myself out of the house, taking advantage of my one child free day a week to peruse an oppie.

And I felt better for it. Not just because I found some more Johnson crockery to add to my collection, though that certainly didn't hurt. But because it's important not to get lost in motherhood, its important to take the time, even when we're feeling shite and overwhelmed, to get out and do the things we love. And 9 times out of 10 we will feel better for it. Whether we find some vintage awesomeness or not - though the vintage awesomeness sure doesn't hurt.

No comments:

Post a Comment